A few notes about work in progress for added or improved site content at Olmsted In Buffalo:
First order of business is to add a large number of images and plans from my collection to the site. Once that has been accomplished, there are three additional photographic projects to undertake: a) add a number of contemporary images, both of park conditions and of park use; b) recreate the perspective of some of the historic views, and display side by side the historic and the contemporary views; and c) document some of the restoration projects with before, during and after photographs.
The next priority is the ensure that the information on all of the primary parks is updated to include both recent restoration work as well as new challenges.
I have also begun preliminary work on several new or expanded pages which will increase the site’s coverage of its topic … no promises on when they’ll be ready. Here is the lineup, not in order of anticipated completion:
- Other Olmsted Projects in and around Buffalo.
- – Parkside.
- – Depew.
- – Residential projects.
- – City and County Hall.
- Park Builders.
- – George K. Radford – Buffalo’s Chief Park Engineer and a Calvert Vaux partner.
- – Other Architects in Buffalo’s Olmsted Parks.
- Resurgence. (The groups and perhaps key individuals responsible for the restoration efforts for Buffalo’s Olmsted parks.)
- – Buffalo Friends of Olmsted Parks.
- – Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy.
- Park Structures. (A new category header page for centralized reference of the buildings and structures, both past and present, including those which are considered to be intrusions located within the Buffalo Olmsted parks.)
- – Structures.
- – Sculptures and Monuments.
The Suggestions for Additional Reading page of this site will also be refreshed soon.